MXA Consulting is the only Canberra-based consulting firm that specialises specifically in ICT Architecture Consulting.
MXA was formed by Justin Butcher in late 2010 to:
- Bring together highly competent ICT Architects working in Government in Canberra in a single consulting firm.
- Reward competent architects for doing quality work, by focussing on work products and consulting outcomes.
- Provide true value-for-money services to our clients.
We achieve these goals by:
- Employing only the very best people. We recruit only people we know, who we have worked with, whose work output we have seen. Our operating model and values means that good architects in Canberra want to work for us.
- Demystifying architecture – we explain what we do in simple terms. We believe that everyone can understand architecture. We believe that architecture should be practical and relevant. Architecture that is mystical, mysterious, and can only be understood by experts, will fail every time.
- Having very low overheads.
- Collaborating on everything that we do: no-one works in isolation, ever. Every output from MXA is discussed and reviewed by more than one MXA Consultant.
- Selling services as services – we don’t sell people. Too often in government one good person carries the load of the team. We’re sick of that. We believe that the job satisfaction of good people will be greatly increased when they are rewarded for good work, rather than the time spent working. We’re happy to let other firms make money by putting people in seats; that is not our niche.
- Focussing only on Government in Canberra. We know and understand the people doing Architecture across government, the culture and history of major architecture initiatives, the forums and groups that exist, Whole-of-Government initiatives, and so on. This allows us to increase the relevance and timeliness of the consulting advice we deliver.